Get To Know Mrs. Bulgin!
- The Basics -
Hello! My name is Mrs. Jessica Bulgin and it is my privilege to be one of Valentine Elementary’s first grade teachers. I have taught preschool, kindergarten, first grade, and elementary special education. This will be my 18th year of teaching - and, while it has started out in the most unusual way ever, I’m excited to learn and grow - and make it my best year yet!
In addition to being a teacher, I am also a wife and a mommy. My husband, Jeff, and I have two wonderful daughters, Emily and Olivia, and a sweet dog named Kona.
- My Formal Education -
- For my undergraduate work, I attended Santa Clara University and earned a Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude, with a double major in Psychology and Religious Studies.
- For my graduate work, I attended California State University, Northridge, Master of Arts degree in Special Education. During that process, I earned:
- a multiple subject (elementary) teaching credential
- an education specialist (special education) credential in mild to moderate disabilities
- I returned to graduate school earned my education specialist (special education) credential in moderate to severe disabilities from Point Loma Nazarene University.
- Further Professional Development -
- Board Certification in Special Education (BCSE) through the American Academy for Special Education Professionals
- Certification as an Educational Therapist/Professional (ET/P) through the Association of Educational Therapists.
- Certified Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CPI) trainer.
- Fun Facts -
Name: Jessica Bulgin
Birthday: February 12th (I’m “birthday buddies” with President Abraham Lincoln!)
Favorite Color(s): pink & turquoise
Favorite Book(s): Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl; The Little House Books by Laura Ingalls Wilder; The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling; and The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency Series by Alexander McCall Smith
Favorite Movie(s): Peanut Butter Falcon; Mary Poppins & Mary Poppins Returns; & The Sound of Music
Favorite TV Show(s): The Blacklist; The Office; & Modern Family
Favorite Food: tortilla chips and salsa
Favorite Drink: diet coke
Favorite Places: Hawaii, the beach, Nordstrom, Target, Club 21 Learning and Resource Center