Dear Valentine Families,
We are excited to welcome all our students back to school in person this fall. With the generous support of parents like you, the support of the San Marino Schools Foundation, and the passage of Measure E, we are fully staffed and ready to go!
Here are some important information items you will need to know for the opening days of school:
Who will my student’s teacher be? Student placements will be available online through Power School and Clever beginning at 5:00 PM on August 10th. You will receive login information from the technology department prior to August 10th.
What is the first week schedule? The first week of school will be minimum days (8:30 AM-12:30 PM) for all students. August 16th & 17th will be minimum days for TK-1st grades only. See the Student/Parent Handbook for more detailed schedule information.
Who can enter the school campus? Everyone is invited to escort their student into campus at 8:15 AM on the first day of school. Drop offs are a typical procedure too. Either way we’ll be waiting to welcome you!
- TK-Kindergarten students enter through the kindergarten circle off Huntington Drive and walk to the kindergarten playground. Older siblings may enter here and proceed to the main playground.
- 1st-5th grades enter through the main gate by the office off of Virginia Road and continue to the playground. Classroom numbers are painted on the blacktop. Students may line up with their classmates. At 8:30, students will be escorted to class by their teachers.
New Parent Orientation Meetings on August 11th Little Theater (Building 1 on attached map) - Come meet the PTA President and Valentine Principal to learn about our school programs and procedures.
- TK-5th English Language meeting 8:45-9:45 AM
- TK-5th Translated Chinese Language meeting 11:00-12:15 AM
PTA Ice Cream Social: Everyone is invited to the lunch court from 12:30-1:30 PM on August 11th to celebrate the opening of school. See old friends and make new acquaintances over a refreshing treat. Parking can be found in the neighborhood. Children will be dismissed at 12:30 so pick your student up promptly and make your way to the lunch court.
Back to School Night: Mark your calendar for August 19th. It will be a minimum day. Meet your student's teacher and learn important information about curriculum, programs, and procedures.
- SAI Classrooms 6:00-6:30 PM (Rm. 8 & 9)
- TK-2 Classrooms 6:30-7:10 PM
- 3-5 Classrooms 7:20-8:00 PM
Bookmark the Valentine website: All the information you seek will be found on the website. Check it frequently during the opening weeks of school for updates and announcements.
Please contact Tech Support if you do not have your student's login information by August 10th.
Welcome back Vikings!
Alana Fauré, Principal