Goals for Fifth Grade
· Organization –Binder Reminders and notebooks are used to keep track of their assignments; past and present.
· Responsibility- Students are responsible for writing down homework and test dates, as well as turning in assignments on time and being prepared for tests. Please do not to bring students’ homework, books, or projects to class for them.
· Time Management- Written reports are done in class with due dates and deadlines that students must meet.
Students are responsible for handing in one book report a month. Each month is a different genre, which is posted on the website. An additional schedule has been distributed to the students. Students who complete over 20 book reports from the approved reading list will receive a certificate. If a student completes over 30 book reports they will receive a trophy. These awards are presented at the 5th grade promotion ceremony.
Homework is assigned Monday through Thursday. Homework is any class work students do not finish and the homework assigned at the end of the day. I will review all assignments daily at 2:30, reminding students to record assignments and gather necessary materials. Assigned homework should take 50-60 minutes according to the district policy. Please understand that what is 50 minutes for one student, maybe more or less for another. To focus on student responsibility, students will not be allowed to call home for forgotten homework. Late work will result in points deducted from overall grade.
Other Important Information
· Student arrival time is 8:15 AM, Students are not to enter the campus before that time unless supervised by an adult. Dismissal is 2:50PM.
· Corrected papers will be filed in Friday folders and taken home at the end of the week.
· Students that are absent are not penalized for late work, but need to make up the work. Parents can send a sibling to pick up their class work and homework so the student doesn’t get too far behind. If you email me before noon, I can most likely leave absent work for your child in the office to be picked up by 3:00 that day.
· Please do not call the classroom, unless it’s an emergency, as it can be very disruptive to classroom learning. Inform students of all afterschool pickups, playdates, and extra curricular activities prior to school.
I can be reached during regular school hours through email.